Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hairy Dinner Experience

Why Hometown Buffet managed to make the ranks of my worst dining experiences ever with so much strong competition for the title:

Have you ever been to a buffet where both you and the person you were dining with ended up with hair in your food and you both got completely different things? I was eating fried shrimp when I happened to notice a short thick dark curly hair on a piece that I was about to bite into. I calmly set that piece aside and continued to cautiously eat my meal. Less than two minutes after my discovery my girlfriend, Gigi, finds a long dark hair on her roll in the butter they put on the outside. We grab a waiter's attention and hand him the plate with the roll. He takes the plate over to the bussing area and tells us he will let someone know about it. At this point we aren't too terribly upset. We both head back up to the buffet to get more food. The manager in the mean time has come over and informed us that we probably had a piece of stringbean on our food, yet neither of us had gotten stringbeans. The manager offered us two $5 discount coupons for our next visit.3 minutes after the manager had walked away I find ANOTHER hair on a piece of steak I am cutting from a completely different plate. I threw it on the table and would have gotten the manager's attention after carefully insuring that it was indeed a piece of human hair. Gigi felt that the manager would think I staged it for a free meal since I didn't leave it on the plate so I didn't bring it to their attention. 3 different human hairs in one meal on 3 plates on 3 different items. It was the first time I can recall ever leaving a buffet hungry. So the Hometown Buffet on West Florissant in North County receives a 4 1/2 frowny face rating for a most unsatisfactory meal

:o( :o( :o( :o( :o

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Raquita said...

Lucky you wern't with my sister THE WHOLE restraunt would have gotten free meals and they would have replaced teh whole bar - for fear of her wrath - imagine Gabrielle Union in Deliver us from Eva -BTW title these bad boys for easy searching access!!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Raquita said...

p.s. and change your prefrences so that anyone can post not just people with blogs - it helps

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger CousinSarah said...

Hey Joe,
I love Q and if she is excited about you bloggin, I am here to support. UMMMM, that is one of the grossest stories I have read in some TIME. I mean, I am with Q on this one, Mr. Manager and I would have had to work something out...I would not want a coupon for the next installment of the hair burger. I am SO sorry to hear that. There is a GREAT chinese buffet in North County off...dang i forgot the street, but it is one of the exits before you get to Illinois off 270...those have been hair free feasts for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your IQ Is 130
Your Logical Intelligence is Genius
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius
Your General Knowledge is Above Average
A Quick and Dirty IQ Test