Monday, July 18, 2005

Exercise equipment doubling as clothing storage/display racks?

Raquita made a comment on my ab myths post that made me wonder. You always hear people joke about exercise equipment that had long been converted to clothes drying racks in their basement, but I was wondering how true and how widespread that phenomenon is. I was also wondering what the actual usage of equipment once purchased is. Is it 1 year? 3 months? 1 month? a week? an hour? I know that a large percentage of the people that I speak to don't view fitness and exercise the same way that I do, but I am curious about the purchase of exercise equipment and its actual usage. For instance how many people bought a Bowflex and used it 3 times then sold it at a garage sale? That might be a little extreme but maybe not :P

4 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger CousinSarah said...

Well,
My man had that thing that gives little electric jolts to your abs until my son pulled off all the rubber buttons about a week after he had it. We have several peices of barbells hangin around...rarely together. I would say approx a week AS AN AVERAGE. Wow, no wonder those places make so much money.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Raquita said...

I couldn't tell you how fast my grannys treadmill turned itno a closet - probably a day - if she got it on a Saturday and had to get dressed for church on Sunday.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that most people buy them because thinking about getting in shape is real easy. Most of the machines ads make it look as simple as watching sex and the city. Hell soon as they sweat,.... bam ...it becomes psudo-furnishing. To top it all off you will go to your local buffet and "comfort" the guilt away.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Pariah said...

lol, so you feel as if the public's perception of any given product is that it will work effortlessly to achieve the sculpted body of their dreams?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Your IQ Is 130
Your Logical Intelligence is Genius
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius
Your General Knowledge is Above Average
A Quick and Dirty IQ Test